6:30 – 8:00 pm
The meeting was called to order at Delmar Diner at 6:28 with the Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence with 14 members in attendance by Ed Kukta
Mention Gary’s recent accident / wish him and his bike a speedy recovery. Ask Gary do a short safety brief. Gary cautioned about touching a wet rumble strip which could cause loss of traction and a possible accident.
Secretary’s Report – Read and approved
Treasurers Report – Partial report given and approved
New Association Tags:
Curtis Waters discussed this topic in detail. He mentioned Presidents and Vice Presidents of the Maryland Chapters will get the first tags followed by all members in the order they are received by Curtis.
Worlds Largest Poker Run:
– Pass out flyers
– DE1, DE2, MD7, Jeff Merritt/HOG Chapter will all be participating in our event
– 400 PINS have been ordered / no patches ordered this year
– DJ lined up, Vicious Cycles (custom bike builders) will be joining us again this year
– Francis Scott Key offering room discounts for all participants
– Food and Refreshments will be available
- We could use a contact at Coke or Pepsi in Salisbury for donation of beverages
– Need help with T-Shirts (we have the artwork; we need to get t-shirts ordered ASAP.
– Need to get donations ASAP. Encourage everyone to ask someone for donation
- Thank You Letters (read and distribute to those who need them)
Registration will be at 8:30 with the ride leaving at 10:00. The run will be back at 3:00.
The Poker Run was covered in great detail by Curtis Waters. Ed Kukta, Bob Adkins and Russell Slaton had got donations from several places. Ed Kukta mentioned Williamsburg Motor Works, which is a bike shop between Hurlock and Federalsburg, is having an open house that day with hot dogs and drinks and wanted to be made part of the Poker Run route. Bob Adkins also mentioned he had one business who would donate only if they were made part of the Poker Run route. He did not mention the business name or location. Ed Kukta will ask Coke for some products for the Poker Run.
The club needs to have notification of the members attending ASAP.
New Web Site will soon be ready for use:
Curtis talked about how to get to the new web site which is RKMD3.com
Please look over the site and send in questions or comments you may have.
State Association Function 26 June:
We need a good turnout at this function which will be the first one for our new State Association.
Used Cell Phones:
Russell (Buster) Slaton mentioned donating old cell phones to the Ocean City American Legion. They will be refurbished and sent to solders overseas who will get one hour free talk time to their families.
American Legion Wounded Warrior Weekend Fundraiser Bike Show:
April 24th 10 till 6 at Post #64 in Salisbury across from the Armory on route 50. There is a 10 dollar fee to be in the show and 5 dollars to see the show.
Motion to adjourn made by Bob Adkins and seconded by Pam Foltz at 7:13